Thursday, March 17, 2011

False Light in the Mirror

I was just in the bathroom putting on makeup thinking how old I don’t look…in that mirror…

Something someone posted this morning on facebook has me thinking about “light”…and so as I was looking at my skin in the dimly lit false-lighting of my bathroom mirror the fact that this is a “false reality” just hit me. The light that I use to look at myself in the mirror does not reveal “the truth”.



John 1:9
There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man.

If I really wanna see what 41 years and many sunburns have done to my facial skin…I need to take a mirror out into the SUNLIGHT and have a look at myself.



John 8:12

Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, ” I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life.”

Looking at “ourselves” in the spiritual mirror using anything else to illuminate us…will give us a false reflection…we won’t see ourselves as we truly are…


False light…man made light…is like our world view…it’s like church doctrine…will not reveal the truth it will just hide it and give us a false sense of security…or a false sense of self-hatred…



(Romans 1…always Romans 1…the truth is just all around us all the time if only we’ll just decide to open our eyes and see it…)







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...