Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My report card

I was just thinking about self-esteem...and how much how you think about yourself effects what you do and how you succeed or not in life...

Well...

My 4 year old  gave me a report card the other night...how I'm doing with her...

me: I love you!
her: And, I love myself!
me: (smiling...beaming!!! and thinking, "wow where did that come from! Awesome!!!)
her: Do you love your self? (she separates the 2 words)
me: (ugh oh!)
her: Mom! Do you love your self?
me: (thinking I could say the right answer, "yes!" but that would be a lie! But, how can I tell her, "no!" That would mess her up! What do I do!)
her: Mom! Do you love your self?
me: (be a politician!!!) Do you think I should love myself?
her: Yes!
me: (hugging her) I love you!




Tori is my 8th child...and after many mistakes with my 1st 7...I can say that Tori...nursed on demand, slept with me (sleeps with me), has never been put in time-out, never had toys taken from her, never been hit by me (spanked), never been yelled at or threatened (punished at all basically)...all the things Gary Ezzo, Michael Pearl, and James Dobson (for example) would say are big no-no's!!!

And, how is this teaching working out for Tori?
What's the fruit say?

“Beware of the false prophets who publish Christian child-training manuals that teach you to spank and control your children, who come to you in sheep’s clothing proclaiming to be speaking for Me, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 

You will know them by their fruits. Like how Gary Ezzo's kids have disowned him...and how all the studies and research have shown that this type of parenting leads to more aggressive kids with self-esteem issues!!!

Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. So, if your toddler is a monster or your teen won't talk to you and is disrespectful it's because the tree you've planted with that advice you're following...the advice and what you've been doing is bearing its fruit. A good tree or book of parenting advice cannot produce bad fruit or a terrible two or a rebellious teen, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. As in not spanking or punishing my daughter can't produce a good, happy, polite, not terrible toddler or 4-year old. 

Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. If you've got unhappy naughty kids get rid of those books you're reading and quit spanking and punishing! 

So then, you will know them by their fruits.
Matthew 7


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...